Browne/Tarver Scholarship Award
Each year Lovie and I, on behalf of our families, will make a donation to the Maple Springs Community Service Corporation to fund the Award(s). This award recognizes family members or youth from her brother’s church or his basketball league for their church service, community service and unselfish acts and deeds, academic achievement or financial need. Students applying for these awards can attend any accredited college, university, vocational/technical school they wish, anywhere in the country and major in any subject. Students are eligible for this award if they are a member of the Browne/Tarver Family or her brother’s church or youth league.
You may apply for a scholarship based on either your financial need, community service or current or past academic achievement. You must discuss your basis in a written narrative, not to exceed two pages (double-spaced). The deadline for your application is December 11, 2022.
We invite each applicant to our in person celebration on Jan 1, 2023, at 4:00 pm. You must submit your application by midnight on the 11th of December 2022.
Maple Springs Community Service Corporation
BROWNE/TARVER SCHOLARSHIP CRITERIA
- Scholarship Criteria is contingent upon the following areas:
The scholarship recipient must:
- Be a member of the Browne or Tarver families, or the H. V. Browne Basketball League
- Be a recent High School Graduate
- Have Been Accepted by a College, University, Trade or Vocational School
- Require Financial Need to attend college OR Showcase Outstanding Academic or Community Service Achievement
- Submit a wallet sized photo (business attire/portrait/senior class picture preferred)
- Submit one letter of recommendation. (Acquired from a teacher, clergy member, mentor, counselor, employer, or community service organization)
- Submit an Official Transcript (1st Semester Freshman may submit final High School Transcript)
- Submit a timely, typed, legible, completed application.
- Submit a written narrative, not to exceed two pages (double-spaced).
- Written Narrative Instructions:
Your typed narrative must not exceed two pages, double-spaced. Hand-written narratives will NOT be accepted. Include your narrative choice number at the top of the page. Please include your written narrative with your application submission.
Reply to one of the following prompts for your personal narrative:
- Discuss your academic achievements and outstanding academic performance or community service. You may want to include your grade point average, SAT or ACT scores, honors and academic awards or community involvement. Also, include in your narrative your academic interests and your desired college major, and why this is important to you.
- Explain in detail your need for financial assistance to attend college. Discuss your family size, economic hardships experienced by you or your family and other important details related to your financial need.